Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Last Day

This is it. My last day in Spain.

I have packed the majority of my items and only a few more remain to be collected.
I have finished all of my exams and now wait for grades.

Today will be a long day. Every second will slow down, though still take not long enough.

My hand is forced; I need to return for the start of my new job.
However, I would give a lot for one or two additional days here.
Can't change that now.

Madrid has exceeded my expectations. The places I've been. The events I've had. The people I've met.

I appreciate the people the most.
Over the weekend I had the opportunity to celebrate my birthday with a large group of my best friends. It will be remembered as one of my best birthdays ever.

My last day will not go perfectly. Many of my friends are busy, have exams, traveling, returning from traveling, or live far distances from me.
Those are the problems you have from meeting so many people!
I can't fault them for not being able to see me all at once. That is impossible.
I can only appreciate that when I wanted to see them, they were there.

I close a page on one adventure only to start another. Soon, I start my summer job in a new city very far from home. I only know one person (my roommate I've never met), one place (the apartment I've never visited), and one job (for a company I've never worked for).
Much like Madrid, I will be caught in a whirl wind at the start of a new adventure.

And that's a good thing. Adventure should never end. Never feel restricted by what is around you.

The only thing I know now is the next year of my life. After that, anything can happen.

To everyone I have met here, thank you.

I can only look forward to the future.

...and the best is yet to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment