Wednesday, March 20, 2013

MiguelDeMadrid's Crazy Awesome Semana Santa Spring Break Tour de Europe 2013!

Hi all,

I'll probably be a little late posting about my trip to Valencia for Las Fallas. Expect something on that in April...

Why the wait? Well, starting Friday, begins the Semana Santa Holy Week of Easter. For all universities, this is effectually their spring break.

So, what am I doing for such a long time? A grand trip around Europe of course!

Beginning Friday, I depart for my first country of Poland! Although not one of the most recognized traveling destinations, having met several Polish students, it is often described as one of those quietly beautiful countries. Two days in Krakow followed by two days in Warsaw.

Speaking about obviously beautiful countries, my next stop is Austria! There, I expect to meet my friend in Linz followed by two days in Vienna.

At this point, I cut my foreign travel short and return to Spain, finally arriving at the historic city of Sevilla. Here, the most famous Easter celebrations of the world are held annually. I doubt I will be disappointed spending the latter part of Friday and the remaining weekend watching the celebrations. I will leave my plans for Monday (also a holiday) open. Who knows, a trip to Gibralter might be in order!

I am really excited for this trip, my longest continuous trip to date! And living out of one backpack for the time, this could be interesting!

I'll keep you updated as the trip progresses!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment