Wednesday, January 16, 2013

T - 2 Days

Last day before the craziness of packing tomorrow.

Decided to spend my last day in quasi-Bhuler style. It began with a nice breakfast with my dad after driving downtown. Starting out close to millennium park, I walked around the park for some time. The park patrons were sparse and quiet. My journey, of course, took me past 'the bean.' Underneath the silvery structure, a college-looking guy pointed out, in a German accent, that our reflections appeared 'everywhere' on the mirror dome. I replied, in a comedic fashion, that we are only here, those images on the dome are not us. We both laughed; I hope he didn't think I was too serious about that.
Some more walking brought me to the lakefront. I normally never find myself near the lakefront, so this was a special moment. I sat on the marina wall and tried not to fall into the lake! The water was frozen in the marina and not in the open water. I found some rocks to test the rigidity of the ice, which did not break.
Continuing, I ended up at the art institute, where I appreciated sooooooo much art. I stared deeply into "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte." I was struck by the arms and armor collection. I was probably confused by the majority of the modern wing. My tour finished with my favorite painting: Time Transfixed by Rene Magritte.
I arranged a lunch with a friend of mine, from high school, who works downtown. We dined at a nice Italian cafeteria and discussed my trip to Ann Arbor, Spain, and his plans on becoming a supervillain  Don't worry, when he takes over the world, I will have it easy!
One of my favorite parts of downtown is just walking around and enjoying the buildings. I could do that for hours. A walk around the river consumed the remainder of my time.
The day was completed with a short train ride back home.

Tomorrow is packing day! Last full day at home.
Still, good to walk around downtown for the last time in awhile. I will really need to see how downtown Madrid compares!

Let the madness begin!

-Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment