Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Daily Tapas vol. 3

It has been awhile since my last daily tapas.
Let's get to it!

I'm still moving into my new apartment. I've been buying many household goods and now need places to put them! Another trip to El Corte Ingles was in order.

My first cooked dinner in my new place: pasta with chicken, olive oil, sea salt, onions, and tomato sauce.

Did you know that olive oil goes with almost everything. Every meal here is usually served with olive oil and vinegar.

My long trip today was to Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. Why, because they are organizing a trip to the Ibiza island for students at my university. Half an hour to get there and an hour back to Leganes meant I was late for my Wednesday Siesta!

Every Wednesday, all of the other American students gather at a tapas bar where all tapas and drinks are 1 eur. We all have class at the same time afterward so it works out well (ok, except for the one who has class during our meeting time!).

My materials professor is rather interesting. Given 90 minutes of class time, he can cover an entire lecture in 45 minutes at warp speed. Don't know what to make of this but I still need to read the book.

I went to the library to read said book. Instead, I was thinking about places to travel. The Cadiz trip was sold out, going to Lisbon was intimidating not knowing Portuguese, and some of the nearby sights in Madrid are suitable for weekday trips. So, I decided to follow my friends on an impulse and book tickets to Rome. I might just see the Pope before he leaves!

Today went by so quickly! Sometimes it is almost too quick to enjoy. Hopefully things will settle down soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment