Tuesday, February 5, 2013

New pictures and a few tapas for your thoghts.

So I finally got around to updating the background photo on my blog.

The picture is the main gates to Universidad Carlos III, my university in Spain.

I've had a hard time getting photos onto my computer for uploading. Probably, I will update my old blog posts to include photos.

Some tapas from today and yesterday.

Apartment search is going slowly. Need to look at more places.

I went back to one restaurant near the dorms last night for dinner. The first time was my second day where I ordered churros and chocolate with Bobby. One waiter there spoke English well, so we mixed our conversations. Returning, I asked for some dinner options, ordered a chorizo sandwich and egg tapa, with a beer. We talked about a few things. Originally from Mexico, he finds Spain Spainsh faster and harder to understand compared to Mexican Spanish. Same for American English to English English. It took him almost 6 months to fully understand the locals even with a fluent commas of the language already. Doing my best to converse in Spanish, he commented my grammar was very good and that I should have little trouble adapting to the language. He also mentioned the prevalence of English in other European countries, so I should not have too much difficulty there. Finally, he said to explore as much as possible before returning to the USA? I could not agree more!

Did laundry this morning (exciting, no?). The washing machines are all HE, but there is one dryer made in the U.S. Hey, when the instructions are in English, I'm going to use it. For your enjoyment, here is a picture of the laundry room.

No comments:

Post a Comment